Learning Support Assistant (SEMH) - Contract
We are looking for a fantastic Learning Support Assistant to join the team at our fantastically located Independent Special School near Thetford, Norfolk. Our partnering SEN School caters for pupils with Social Emotional, Mental, Health (SEMH), dyslexia, through to those with more complex communication and social interaction difficulties associated with Asperger’s Syndrome and high functioning autism. If you are passionate about supporting pupils with these educational needs, this is a fantastic opportunity for you! If you have experience in this sector, or come from a background in care, this is definitely a role that you would excel in!
Learning Support Assistant Responsibilities:
- Support learners with SEMH needs both academically and emotionally.
- Establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the school.
- Encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- Contribute to providing high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
- To promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
Learning Support Assistants (LSA) Requirements:
- Learning Support Assistants (LSA) must have experience in working with young people or adults with additional needs.
- Supporting Teaching and Learning Certificates and/or relevant experience in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures. Knowledge and experience of pupils with SEMH, Autism.
Learning Support Assistants (LSA) Benefits of Inspire EHC:
- Dedicated consultant to assist you throughout the process.
- Online application process.
- Weekly pay (PAYE inclusive of 12.7% holiday pay).
- Online timesheet portal (when working for Inspire EHC)
- Friendly/honest team
- Help you develop your career not just find you a job
At Inspire EHC we have several partnerships with Education settings throughout Norfolk and would be delighted to welcome you as part of our team.
Inspire EHC ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and at least two independent references. Inspire EHC ltd are an Equal Opportunities employer.