SEN Teaching Assistant - Secondary
We are looking for some fantastic SEN Teaching Assistants to join our lovely partner school in Great Yarmouth.
If you are passionate about helping others and are hoping to start or continue your career in SEND, this is a very rewarding opportunity for you where you will be able to use your qualities and skills to support children's education within a welcoming school. You will be supporting pupils between 11-16 with Social Emotional Mental Health difficulties (SEMH).
You will be making a positive difference everyday by providing the best pathway to vulnerable young pupil's education. You will need to be an outstanding communicator with a bubbly personality in order to be an engaging role model. This role will also require you to have a caring and patient approach along with being a team player and the ability to think on your feet.
If you feel that you could be a wonderful SEN Teaching Assistant, apply today!
SEN Teaching Assistant Responsibilities:
- Support learners with SEMH needs both academically and emotionally.
- Establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the school.
- Encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- Contribute to providing high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
- To promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
SEN Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- A willingness to learn and adapt.
- Be engaging and enthusiastic in order to create a great learning experience for children in SEND.
- Previous experience is preferable but not compulsory.
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of pupils with SEMH, Autism (not comulsory).
SEN Teaching Assistant Benefits of Inspire EHC:
- Dedicated consultant to assist you throughout the process.
- Online application process.
- Weekly pay (PAYE inclusive of 12.7% holiday pay).
- Online timesheet portal (when working for Inspire EHC)
- Friendly/honest team
- Help you develop your career not just find you a job
At Inspire EHC we have several partnerships with Education settings throughout Norfolk and would be delighted to welcome you as part of our team.
Inspire EHC ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and at least two independent references. Inspire EHC ltd are an Equal Opportunities employer.