SEN Teaching Assistant - Primary
We are currently working with a lovely Special School / Alternative Provision who are searching for additional SEN Teaching Assistants (SEN TA) to support their learners with autism and additional complex, social and communication needs. The Academy is a residential special school for boys in the age range 7 – 16 with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
There are also opportunities to work additional hours within the residential care team if staff wish to.
Many teaching assistants at the school in recent years have successfully secured places on initial teacher training.
Pupils arrive with disrupted educational experiences and complex difficulties and our team will be responsible for ensuring that they leave with superb outcomes academically, socially and behaviourally.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to be part of a highly motivated exceptional team who strive to establish the highest standards and who are instrumental in ensuring that we change children’s lives.
The Academy runs a very strong staff support and development programme. The successful candidates will be reliable, persistent and loyal, with a good sense of humour and strength of character.
SEN Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) responsibilities:
- Provide support to Secondary aged learners within an SEN School.
The successful applicant must be prepared to undergo any further training as requested by the Trust and will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Passionate about supporting young people with communication needs.
- Passionate about working with young people with Autism.
- Work in partnership with, peers, parents, carers to ensure the best possible platform is given
Be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
We are keen to speak to people about this SEN Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) role with the following skills and experience:
- Be committed to striving for the best outcome for the young people you work with.
- Eagerness to work in SEND. Passion for supporting young people or adults with SEND.
- Friendly and have the needed attributes to engage with learners within the settings.
- Strong character and a sense of humour.
- Dedicated and loyal individual who is able ot build great working relationships.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) why work with Inspire EHC:
- Dedicated consultant to assist you throughout the process. Online application process.
- Weekly pay (PAYE inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay)
- Online timesheet portal (when working for Inspire EHC)
- Friendly/honest team
- Help you develop your career not just find you a job.
At Inspire EHC we work with a number of SEN Schools throughout Surrey and East Anglia and would be delighted to welcome you as part of our team.
Inspire EHC ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and at least two independent references. Inspire EHC ltd are an Equal Opportunities employer.