An Alternative Provision (AP) located in North Suffolk is looking for an additional SEN Teaching Assistant to join its team until the end of the academic year. This role has an immediate start and will suit someone with experience in supporting Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and Autism.
The alternative provision is expanding over the next 12 months and has a fairly new Headteacher, who is a big advocate for staff and pupil wellbeing.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant your responsibilities will include:
· Supporting key stage 2 and 3 learners with Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and Autism
· Supporting young learners with challenging behaviour
· When necessary, using techniques to deescalate behaviours, ideally using Team Teach (or similar)
· Working with teachers to ensure educational and emotional support is achieved.
We are keen to speak to people about this SEN Teaching Assistant role with the following skills and experience:
· An understanding of and experience in supporting young learners with Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
· Experience in supporting young learners with Autism
· Team Teach (or similar) trained
· Experience working in a teaching assistant role supporting key stage 2 and key stage 3 learners
· DBS on the update service or a DBS issued in the last 12 months
SEN TA Benefits:
· Dedicated consultant giving you full support through your process.
· Years of experience working in the education sector
· Online application process.
· Personable/honest approach.
If this sounds like the SEN Teaching Assistant role for you, click the apply link online and send an updated copy of your CV today!
All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and at least two independent references.